Incisive Media and BusinessGreen are committed to the journey of becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2
BusinessGreen Leaders Awards 2020
- Lighting throughout the venue is either energy efficient LED or motion censored to reserve energy.
- Bike parking is available for all guests to discourage the use of automotive transport if not completely necessary.
- Water saving measures such as automatic taps are implemented throughout the venue.
- The venue hold a Gold Clean City Award Certificate from The City of London.
- The Venue has achieved a “Sustainable Events Management Systems” accreditation standard: ISO20121:2012 in 2013 and have been re-certified in 2016 and 2019.
- The Venue reduce the lights, power and HVAC during set-ups, de-rigs and when rooms are not in use to preserve energy.
- The Venue is located within and 10 minute walk of 3 London Underground stations
- Multiple waste types are recycled; cardboard, paper, plastic, tins, lightbulbs, batteries, toner, food waste, cooking oil.
- 0% of waste is sent to landfill, any waste that cannot be recycled is converted into energy.
- A ‘no idling’ zone is enforced in the loading bay with appropriate signage to remind drivers to turn off their engines when not in use.
- Energy is sourced from renewable sources.
- Food for the event is made to order depending on number of attendees to limit the amount of food waste.
- Breakfast Tea served at the event is Rainforest Alliance certified and herbal Tea’s are Brew Tea Co. a certified B Corporation and use 100% plastic free bags.
- No single use plastics will be used throughout the event.