Incisive Media and BusinessGreen are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
- Seasonal, local produce is used wherever possible.
- Food is procured from sustainable sources wherever possible.
- Only fairly traded tea and coffee is served.
- Leftover food is sent to a local charity for the homeless when appropriate.
- All food waste is collected and sent for recycling.
- Used coffee grounds are being collected and sent away to be made into briquettes for use as fuel
- Very few straws are used and if they are required, only paper straws are supplied
- No printed programmes will be at the event
- All new installations and refurbishments fit the most energy-efficient and sustainable products and devices as possible.
- We have some digital signage to guide guests around the building.
- Cleaning products used at the venue are 94% biodegradable.
- All towels and tissue supplied in Church House is made from at least 95% recycled paper.
- Church House has in-house water bottling facilities which uses reusable glass bottles. Water jugs are also used if preferred by clients. Only 100% compostable cups and recycled glass bottles are supplied on the rare occasions they are requested.
- Windows and door seals are regularly maintained to help prevent unnecessary heat loss.
- Motion-sensitive lighting is used in the venue.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2