Incisive Media and BusinessGreen are committed to the journey of becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2
BusinessGreen Technology and Investment Forum 2020 Sustainability Facts:
- The venue are working in partnership with Olio who collect any surplus food from events and redistribute to various outlets.
- Energy efficient LED lighting is used throughout the venue.
- The building has a living roof that provides a habitat for local birds and insects and reduces the volume of rainwater run-off.
- Solar panels are located on the roof to reduce the use of electricity and gas.
- 25 cycle parking spaces are located within the venue.
- The venue recycle the majority of waste including: paper/cardboard, metal, bio, plastic & glass
- The venue uses the chemical supplier Delphis Eco, which is 100% British made and all their products are powered by plants. Being derived from sustainable, natural resources also means that their products are 100% biodegradable.
- The Venue is BREEAM rated excellent.
- All catering at the event will be Vegetarian options.
- Tea and Coffee served at the event is all Fairtrade and locally sourced from Extract Coffee London.
- No single-use plastics will be in use throughout the event.
- Water served at the event will be filtered in-house and served in reusable containers.
- There will be no printed programmes at the event to reduce the amount of paper waste; all information will be available online.
- All event badges & lanyards will be collected and either recycled or reused after the event.